Which TV tuners work no questions asked?

kenton

well i use Mandrake 10.0 official and i have also installed on this Pc my TV Card, it is

WinTV Express , this is made by Hauppauge ( www.hauppauge.de ) . Everything work very well with this TV Card , it is fully suppoted under Mandrake 10.0 Official.

you have just to do this command when you want to turn it on.

#modprobe bttv

or you can add this line in the /etc/mod.prelod

and you do not need to do this command every time , it will be automatically loaded whenever you start your PC.

thats it.

Enjoy it .

FreeEagle

I also need help with my TV tuner. MDK 10 detects it as Bt878 but when I try to configure it with the TV Card wizard from MCC it doesn't work. No channel is detected.

Another thing ... what TV norm should I use ? I asked my cable operator and they said: PAL B/G D/K or something like that. Only these may have something to do with what the operator said: PAL, PAL-N, PAL-M, PAL-NC.

Since when do things under Linux work "no questions asked"?

If they work today, they'll probably be broken with the next upgrade or the next kernel version!

Sorry, bad mood, mdk is pissing me off today and I've gotta vent.

??

Since the beginning my tv-card was working, and always has.

The only things that stopped working or may stop working are the Philips webcam I have (well, the vga resolution mode), and currently the LIRC ir for the tv-card since the lirc modules went missing - just hoping they will get put back into mdk10.1 soon.

Hardware that is well supported usually doesn't change to not-so-well-supported unless big changes happen on the kernel.