Finally Installed Arch

This is what I mean about the text being all messed up, as you can see some of the text is like faded out and just weird.

-Luis

Edited by Jet2k5

Heya Jet2k5,

bzflag uses oss for sound I think. And oss doesn't work together with alsa, ... always.

Be sure to load the oss-emulation-modules for alsa (snd-card-0 snd-pcm-oss snd-seq-oss snd-mixer-oss). Just put them in the MODULES-section in /etc/rc.conf, but maybe you did know that already These will create the necessary devices in the /dev-directory ...(/dev/dsp, ... I believe) For alsa you can try to do the following: start bzflag as following:

aoss bzflag

but this doesn't work always. Then, shut down all other sound and play bzflag .... but the sound won't be dmixed ....

Yeah I have messed around with the options of bzflag. But nothing seems to work, last time I usually fixed this by compiling my own kernel and compiling the drivers into the kernel, but I don't want to do that just yet since I'm still " working " with Arch.

-Luis