Monitor Lcd ?.

Mandriva-user

Now I`m looking a 21"MONITOR TV LCD with HDTV I know in 100% that lots of people saying that SONY MONITOR in 6 to 8 years the color tube getting bad,first few years the picture is very good but then it`s goes downhill.

Is out there can tell me which one before Sony,let say NEC,PANASONIC,VIEWSONIC......which one is the better one and I looking to spend 1200-1500US$and any one have a idea.

Thank for your extra time and effort.

Mandrake-user

Edited by Mandrake-user

People that talk about a color tube going out in a Sony monitor are probably referring to a CRT monitor, not an LCD one.

Of the brands you mentioned, any will be great for you. I have a Viewsonic monitor (CRT) that I've had for years and I love it. You will, however, pay a bit more for Viewsonic or Sony; simply for the name.

In the end, it boils down to which one you really want. LCD's are great these days and with a name brand (like you suggested) you shouldn't run into any problems.

People that talk about a color tube going out in a Sony monitor are probably referring to a CRT monitor, not an LCD one.

Of the brands you mentioned, any will be great for you.  I have a Viewsonic monitor (CRT) that I've had for years and I love it.  You will, however, pay a bit more for Viewsonic or Sony; simply for the name.

In the end, it boils down to which one you really want.  LCD's are great these days and with a name brand (like you suggested) you shouldn't run into any problems.

I know every one will read that one,

LiquidZoo so you saying every LCD is better ,that infact that sony you paying for the name, but I didn`t know that Viewsonic you or I`m paying for the name.

So any LCD will to it?,but what is the different of LCD and CRT?

Thank you for your info.

Edited by Mandrake-user

LCD - Liquid Crystal Display. They're generally thin (~4cm thick) and way more expensive

CRT - Cathode Ray Tube. These are the large, TV looking monitors.

Sony and Viewsonic would be good. Of the 2, I would go Viewsonic as they made a requpation (and a good one at that) making monitors.