i have some problem with my laptop

Guest Silyus

Hi, i have installed mandrake 10 on my laptop and i've found some problem :(

first of all i have some problem with my graphic card

the open GL applications (like KDE games and some screensavers) run very slow and usually them crash.

Then, i have tried to use an usb pen drive, but it don't seems work at all, what i have to do?

Microstar,

AMD Athalon 64 Processor 3000+

ethernet BMC4401 100Base-T

Graphic Card Redeon Mobility 9600

Audio Card VT8233 [AC97 Audio Controller)

The problem with your graphic card is caused by the driver. Unfortunately ATI linux support is not very good so don't expect a solution fast. If you want to use Linux you 'have' to use nvidia.

For your pen drive: can you post the relevant section from the dmesg command after you have plugged in the drive?

And is perhaps the ehci_hcd module loaded (look for it in the output of lsmod). If it is unload it with modprobe -r ehci_hcd and then try again.

Good luck

yes...but i don't want play with the ultimates games, i would just use a bit of my graphic card for some screensaver or a little graphic application. (and i can't change my GC because i have it in a laptops)

I have tried to install the newest ati driver, but it say me "file /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.2 from install of fglrx-4.3.0-3.11.1 conflicts with file from package libxfree86-a.3-30mdk"

however i have solved my problem with the usb pen drive :mr-green:

I have tried to install the newest ati driver, but it say me "file /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.2 from install of fglrx-4.3.0-3.11.1 conflicts with file from package libxfree86-a.3-30mdk"

however i have solved my problem with the usb pen drive  :mr-green:

Try to read the install instructions before asking for help.

It's very useful in this case.

Or if you can't manage getting out of the problem, someone else on the net has surely posted something on it already.

try installing fglrx with -Uhv --force flags. then you must go into /lib/modules/fglrx and run ./make and ./make.install scripts.

before you can use your brand new ati module (fglrx) you must unload the old one (probably radeon).

For mobility card Non on those drivers ever ever worked for me. Like I have said many many times what solved my problem is by taking the Drivers that came with MDK and c ompile them into the kernel. That fixed all my problems that I have ever ever had with any graphic related problems.

I have the Mobility M6 , and now it's runs a hell of a lot better than it did when I just used the modules.

-Luis