configuring mail server

photoworks

Maybe you could install webmin. It even integrates with the mandrake control center. It's a webbased-gui for setting up stuff. Maybe it could help you. Which mailserver are you using?

postfix, sendmail, qmail(?), ... ? I'm not server-person myself, but maybe this can help you ... to start anyway.

Edited by Michel

Like Michel said - What email client are you using?.  Mkd 10 is pretty easy to set up, and while webmin is extremely usefull, you shouldn't need it for this (although it is good to have)

well i installed sendmail.

but i don't know how to launch it.

i went to the webmin and i saw it there, though i ihave no idea how to set it up.

Sorry, I don't have any experience with sendmail.

Just out of  curiousity, why did you pick sendmail, rather than the standards, like Evolution and kmail?

well i have a website with a forum hosted on my machine for test i i wanted to test the automatic password reminder sent by email for users.

when i test it, the email is not sent. and when i look into sendmail, it tells me the emails have been deffered, denied by pwks.no-p.org. So once agan, there must be a setting that i am not making right...

Sendmail is THE standard 'nix mailer, by far the most widely used. The bad thing is, setup is a friggin' nightmare. The Sendmail configuration files were clearly dreamed up by an evil sadomachochist bent on total confusion. The good thing is, the default configuration works for most uses. I've never touched the config on my machine, and I can't give you any meaningful help if you need to tweak setup on yours. But in your case, I bet sendmail is not the problem. It seems to be running, since it's trying to deliver the mails, but as you say, they're denied. I'd check closely into your mail client configuration. Read your logs.

Guest shadowbuilder

This may seem like a stupid thing and it's probably just a spelling mistake in your post but you say....

the emails have been deffered, denied by pwks.no-p.org.

is this the actual output in the error??? Shouldn't it be pwks.no-ip.org???

I have occassionally miss spelt things in a config file and got similar results so may be worth checking ;)