Baulders gate 2 petition

MadHattr

http://www.tuxgames.com/petitions/sign.cgi...2&nc=1040286972 Baulders gate 2 petition Hey i just wanted everyone that was interested to sign this petition bioware is already figureing out how to port neverwinter nights so i figured if they got good at that maybe they would port baulders gate 2 if there was high intrest

http://www.tuxgames.com/petitions/index.cgi Tuxgames petitions go there to sign other petitions

I kinda doubt anyone can port the Baldur's Gate series considering the legal wrangling between Bioware and Interplay about the infinity engine games. While interplay has the right to the name Baldur's Gate, I am not sure who can be allowed to port infinity engine to linux.

Furthermore, while Baldur's Gate series is very popular (heck I have all the BG games including the add-ons), it's also old. Not sure how popular it is nowadays.. However, I would like to see the engine itself be ported so we can have those fan-made hacks and modules to be available in linux.

There comes a point when people need to move forward.

People don't want to move to Linux because there are no new games, yet then others ask for old games...

Myself, I'd say forget it. It's too old now. But, I would buy it if it was ported. I bought BG2 a while back solely because Transgaming claimed WineX would run it, but it sucks majorly. I haven't touched it since then, and never will. :(