Cedega/Everquest

I recently used Mandrake Update to download and install a whole bunch of security updates, bug fixes etc. (Every update available in fact).

Since I did that, when I try to run EQ via Cedega which previously worked perfectly, I can't get to the character select screen.

The patcher works fine, server select is fine and it seems to get to the end of the loading process, but just as it should go to character select, the sound starts breaking up and I then get dropped back to my desktop (at EQ's resolution).

I installed the recent new release of Cegeda (4.0.1) but had the same problem.

Can anyone please help?

I'm running MDK 10 Official; Nvidia GeForce FX5600 (latest drivers) and full paid for version of Cedega.

As I mentioned it was working perfectly and I can't think of anything else that could have affected it apart from the updates I mentioned.

Thanks.

Edit: I just noticed this is not limited to EQ or Cedega. My UT2004 is not working either!

Drops to deskto as soon as it tries to run the initial video of the Nvidia logo being broken through and the guy coming out with his mini-gun.

Edited by Ed the N00B

Thanks for the reply.

Running the 'full paid for' version of Cedega.

I have also posted over at the transgaming forum, but as my problem is with UT2004 as well, it is not specific to Cedega.

BTW, TuxRacer is running fine and 'glxgears' has fps over 3000, so 3D drivers working OK.

Perhaps this question belongs in a different section of this forum?