gimp 2.0.4

teh_sAbEr

ok, so i downloaded the .tar.gz off of the gimp.org website, and i was able to ./configure, make and make install with no apparent errrors, but i cant seem to find the app in either the menu, through "locate gimp-2.0.4", or by trying to launch it the console. id like to know, where do i go to get this thing to run? i installed gimp2.0.2 from RPM (via URPMI) and it showed up in the applications menu. thanks a lot!

the menu entry will only be created with rpms. if you compile gimp by yourself, you have to add the menu-entry manually (e.g. with menudrake). the executable file should be located in /usr/share/<gimpfoldername>. :)

thanks for the help. i wuz able to find gimp-2.0 in the usr/bin dir, and instead of adding a menu entry, i just updated the link to point at gimp-2.0. i just cant figure out if this is 2.0.4. the "about" thing is kinda vague.

bottom line is that if the tarball you installed went to /usr/bin, and you already had a gimp-2.0 there, it has been overwritten. How do we know that the tarball names the exec gimp-2.0. We know rpms do. Can't you look at the creation/modified date?