issue with flash sites in MandrakeMove

photoworks

mandrake move does not allow you to install software because it's not on a hard drive. it's just running in your ram, from your cdrom drive.

truly, it's intended to give you a "taste" of linux and to allow you to use it away from home. if you want a fully functional linux, you'll have to install it (dual boot?).

I believe that you already started a topic, dual-boot is really the best idea for you, there is really no better explanation than the one tyme just gave you. Partition Magic or how ever is called is really good for partitioning your hard-drive. Having a Live Cd is just really to give you a taste of what Linux is.

-Luis

Edited by Luis101

I don't really see the need for partition magic. I've always used the partioning tool that you find in the MDK installer, and it always worked great for me. I even use it when installing anoher version of Linux that does not have such a good partitioning tool. Then I pop in the MDK install CD, go up to the partitioning part. Do the partitioning that I require, and then quit the MDK install, and use the other linux distro installer to install it form then on.

Of course partitioning is always a little tricky, and you need to have a minimum of understanding what you are doing. E.g. always make sure that you have defragmented the existing FAT partitions before resizing it,...

Partition Magic has a very good name, but I don't really see the need to acquire it when the MKD partitioning tool is already so good.

Ciao,

Sitor