I can't install Fluxbox!

Urza9814

I'm having trouble getting dockapps to start on boot...typing in konsole 'wmcpuload', 'wmclockmon', and 'wmxmms' brings 'em up fine, but putting this in the style file doesn't work:

rootCommand:                    wmcpuload &<!--QuoteEBegin-->rootCommand:                    wmclockmon &<!--QuoteEBegin-->rootCommand:                    wmxmms &<!--QuoteEBegin-->rootCommand:                    fbsetbg /home/urza9814/Documents/LinuxSite/images/wallpaper/minimal.jpg -l

However, it sets the wallpaper fine...

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU

RTFFAQ!

if theres something you dont understand.. tell me and ill explain it further!

it covers startup, wallpaper setting, startup, and every problem you have posted

http://aslan.no-ip.com/~iphitus/misc/fluxboxFAQ.html

spiedra: cool, i agree, flux is very sexy.

Edited by iphitus

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with iphitus on this one. faq's cover everything you've mention and walks you through step by step on setting this up. Check this out: How do i launch apps automatically on Fluxbox startup? I got this from the Fluxbox faq's If you Search through the posts here you'll find the answers as well. I've given you a lay out how you should set your applications to start up. If you follow the information posted, there is no reason why they won't work since the apps do launch when you type the commands for them. There is much to know about Fluxbox and if you spend a little time reading and searching you'll be getting a whole lot more out of it and you'll get your answers faster, and after doing all these things if you still can't find the answer, then ask away and we'll be happy to help.

iphitus: Yes I love this version of Flux. Thanks for the recomendation. Nice sig regarding the FTA. I'm not in favor of it either.

Edited by spiedra

ok...sorry...I remember that now...lol

it didn't work the first time I tried it...but then I figured out I was using the wrong startup file :P