2 quick questions

Latem

Hello, do the different urpmi mirrors (listed at the easy urpmi site) have the same (roughly) contents? Or is there any one that is better than some other ones. Like could some mirrors have newer and more packages. I am specificaly referring to main, and uppdates, and not plf.

My second question is in regards to Mono. The only packages they have on the offical website are for Mandrake 9.1 and version 0.26.

Is there anywhere Mono 1 (as many packages as possible) for mandrake 10, or do I have to build it from source?

According to this guy, he got it from urpmi (although he doesnt mention what version).

Thanks,

Latem

Latem  Today, 07:21 PM

Hello, do the different urpmi mirrors (listed at the easy urpmi site) have the same (roughly) contents? Or is there any one that is better than some other ones. Like could some mirrors have newer and more packages. I am specificaly referring to main, and uppdates, and not plf.

Welcome!?

For urpmi I have found that using the mirror USA (ftp://mirrors.secsup.org'>ftp://mirrors.secsup.org'>ftp://mirrors.secsup.org'>ftp://mirrors.secsup.org) is the fastest that I have tried to date. I found this when I was installing easy urpmi to one of my friends and It only took about 10 minutes to download everything when I installed mine it took about 2 hours.....As for the contents I believe that they all have the same things, This is what I chose for my mirrors by the way.

Contrib-USA (ftp://mirrors.secsup.org)

Main-USA (ftp://mirrors.secsup.org)

Update-USA (ftp://mirrors.secsup.org)

plf-Slovakia (ftp://spirit.bentel.sk)

Everything that I install via urpmi downloads very fast, as for your second Questions I really don't know much about it.

Hope this helps,

-Luis

Edited by Phoenix

As far as packages on the mirrors: all of the Main sources should have the same rpms, same with all of the contrib, update, and plf sources. They all should have the same rpms, but some might be a bit behind because of their update schedule.

To answer your second question, I can tell you for certain that cooker has Mono 1, but I don't know if the official sources do or not.

I couldn't find Mono in a couple of the official Mirrors that I tried, but I might try getting it off cooker.

Thanks for the answers all. :D

Latem

I would suggest grabbing the necessary files from http://rpmfind.net

Using a cooker mirror in urpmi when you update/install software could be dangerous. Cooker is a development release and not entirely stable. Just a warning to you.