Instructions On Downloading Java

t_101

Hmm you can read this tutorial and do it your self, post back with any thing that you don't know how to do or something click here to view the Java FAQ

Also check out this LimeWire friendly FAQ

Hope your feeling better after that attatck :D ,

-Luis

Edited by Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix,

I did what you suggested on the links that you gave me. I followed them all the way to the part where it says to add java to your Mozilla. After I did those commands now I can't even open up Mozilla. It says ' starting Mozilla-Firefox ' but it never does. What do I do now?

-t_101

Probably your settings are off. Go to the .phoenix (hidden) folder in $HOME, to default, suzsaxxxxx. In that last folder you'll find a prefs.bak and a prefs.js.

Delete the prefs.js and rename prfs.bak--->pref.js. Then try again.

As far as I know Firefox detects java automatically. No need to adjust the settings (just check the java box is ticked, if it doesn't work)

Thanks Devries,

I tried doing what you said and it still does not allow mozilla-firefox to open up I tried uninstalling it and re-installing it and it does not work either, any more suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

-t_101

It's Firefox you're using right? Just to be sure change the name of the hidden .mozilla folder? Or are you logged in as root? Then you have to rename /root/.phoenix.

In Linux all the user settings are stored in your home folder (or if you're root, in /root). If you mess something up and you're logged in as a user (non-root) only these user settings are changed. The program (firefox in this case) itself should still work.

The problem your having is usually because when you built the link for the plugins folder you linked against the wrong version (the one in the ns610 folder vs the ns610-gcc32 folder).

Go to your ~/firefox/plugins directory and delete anything with "java" anywhere in the name (i.e. usually a soft link to libjava.plugin.so or similair) and then open a terminal, su and run this command...

Issue the following command: ln -s /usr/java/j2re1.4.2_01/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so

then restart FireFox. I had the same problem you do, so try that.