gDesklets fixed!

SoulSe

I love gDesklets, but I stopped using them because they'd cause Python to eat resources in a big way.

I've just updated to the latest version though, and am happy to report that this is no longer the case.

Top reports that python is hardly using anything when gdesklets are... idling?

Nice! :thumbs: I've been waiting for this day...

Oh, btw: the version I am running of the gdesklets core is 0.26.2

Well, remember that I am running ~x86 Gentoo, I'm not sure how bleeding edge the build in the mandrake rpm repositories is.

And they've never taken up much space, they just used to push Python through the roof with system resources, that's all.

The build on urpmi is 1.26-2, they don't have the point release yet. You can get the source and compile from here, and it does use less resuorces. I haven't taken the time to set these up entirely the way I want, but damn they are cool little toys.

They are nice - I can't live without them now that they work so well.

Hmm I tried them and it slowed the loading of gnome by like 15 seconds and it inceased my processor usage by like 30 percent. So I got rid of them. Maybe I'll wait a little longer before trying them again.

The next version of gdesklets (0.30) is supposed to be a lot less intensive on your system. They're doing away with the sensors so that should decrease python usage a lot.