XMMS Freezes once I load an MP3

Guest CsHoSi

A thought just occurred to me.  In XMMSs Preferences.......Audio plugins.    What happens if you click on the line which reads      MPEG layer 1/2/3 Player..etc ???

Does the Enable plugin button depress or is it still raised.??? 

The same question about Ogg Vorbis Player. 

If not then you should depress the button after you click on the line to highlight it.  and make sure to click Apply

I'll check that out John, thanks for the tip, that actually sounds promising (have to try later I'm stuck on a conference call with work to plan how we are going to respond to a big batch of MS patches being released over the next few days, man I love my Linux box).

I'll reply to my own post to keep it in context. I tried just about everything anyone has with XMMS, always the same crash. I had pretty much written it off, and when the 1.2.10 rpms did the same thing I removed the whole thing. Then last night when I couldn't sleep I thought I would try it one more time, installed via urpmi and got the same result. So then I thought that the only thing I didn't have on my system that might help was the xmms dev libs, so I installed them via urpmi and now it works prefectly. Just goes to show what persistence, insomnia and urpmi can do together... :wall::zzz::headbang: