Help With Camera

Daveleh

Hey give a try to program called digikam. You can find rpm for 9.0. Try google search. My camera was also (hp318) only mountable as harddrive(vfat) until i downloaded digikam.

Thanks for replying 8)

I'll check out that program to see if it works.

In the meantime I have done some more investigation.

I have installed a basic win98 setup on a spare drive so I'm now dual booting. Both my camera and the card reader work on this system, in either usb port. So I know all that is ok.

Back in ML9.0. With the camera plugged in but turned off when I go to proc/bus/usb/devices I can see two entries, one for the usb hub and one for my usb mouse.

With the camera turned on I see three entries one for each of the above and a third for usb mass-storage device. So obviously something is being seen. I just can't see any means to access the pictures on the card. :?

• 1 month later...

I have a Fuji Finepix 2400 Zoom that did work when I first installed Mandrake 9.0. All I did was plug it in and up popped an icon on the KDE desktop named dynamic_mnt_camera and it worked great. After running Mandrake Update or after I messed something else up in the last week it didn't pop up an icon no more.

Here is how I fixed it. I read this thread and made a folder called /mnt/camera and opened a console and typed:

mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera

I then went to the /mnt/camera folder and there it was, all my pics. Then I noticed the icon back on the desktop. I am really new at linux, like less than a month of serious study. To all you new guys, I know you're gritting your teeth, but it gets more fun as your work pays of more and more.

Now I can just browse to the /mnt/camera folder and it detects the camera everytime even after being unplugged and unmounted. I do have to do a view>reload to make it show up after being off.

Hi Yankee,

you said:

I have a Fuji Finepix 2400 Zoom that did work when I first installed Mandrake 9.0.  All I did was plug it in and up popped an icon on the KDE desktop named dynamic_mnt_camera and it worked great.  After running Mandrake Update or after I messed something else up in the last week it didn't pop up an icon no more.

Here is how I fixed it.  I read this thread and  made a folder called /mnt/camera and opened a console and typed:

mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera

Yes, this was how I got my Fuji4800Z to work in ML8.2 but when I upgraded to ML9 I also had to change to a fuji401. When I type the mount command as listed above I get informed that /dev/sda1 doesn't exist so I can't mount it to mnt/camera or anywhere else.

This is also a problem with ML8.2. I suppose I will have to wait for the next ML update and see if that works. In the meantime I use Win98 to download my pics.