Konqueror (file browser) help

liquidzoo

Is there an option in Konqueror (file browser mode) to preview images like it does by default in nautilus?

I've searched, but I can't find the option. There is an option to preview images in the view menu, but it doesn't work for me. Can anyone help me out here?

BTW, I'm running (as you can see in my signature) KDE 3.2.3-9mdk from cooker.

Sure it is... Best way is to do it via the KDE-Desktop-configuring tool (alternatively in Konqueror select "preferences", "configure Konqueror", "preview pictures & metadata"). Select "components", "file manager", then "preview pictures & metadata" and select all protocols + increase the maximum file-size to e.g. 5 mb. That way, big-sized pictures will be displayed, too. Restart Konqueror and hit refresh button if necessary. If that doesn't work, restart KDE. :P

Edited by arctic

you can also save profiles in konqueror and specifically start it with profiles .. so you can enable thumbs etc. in one profile (call it image-browsing) and then start konqueror specifically like this, I have a few like split panel (norton commander style etc etc.)