eGenesis proves Linux users will buy games

emh

I liked the M$ add right next to the artical.

the ad changes each time...people really should stop complaining about these things, since the person displaying the advertisements really can't control them. it's how advertisements work in webpages. you sign up with some advertisement agency/service, place code on your page, and everytime that page is opened the ad service sends it an ad to display. some services base the ads on keywords in the article, or on the content of the page, but it has no way of knowing that a certain website has a dislike for a certain company. it's how they work.

:juggle:

This is good. I own all my native Linux games (Neverwinter Nights, UT2004, etc.) except for Quake3 which I need to find in a bargain bin or something.

It's time the world wakes up and realises that we aren't a bunch of hacker/cracker criminals. Um.... ya... and like.... I never do any Wireless Internet lending.... erm.

There are lots of ways to contribute, that is the beauty of Linux. I:

- Bought Gentoo discs

- Donate money to Mozilla regularly

- Subscribe to Transgaming.

- Buy T-shirts from projects I support (still need a XMMS t ;) )

- Buy all my Linux (and Windows for WineX) games.

Linux is about choice and that includes the choice to get as involved as you want or are able to.

Edited by SoulSe

Interesting that it was a game I've never heard of, although the article mentions they only have ~100 Linux users signed up and only about 7000 users in total.

I'd never heard of it either, but I've never really been into MMORPG or the like, they take too much time away from my real life :P

Interesting that it was a game I've never heard of, although the article mentions they only have ~100 Linux users signed up and only about 7000 users in total.

I'd never heard of it either, but I've never really been into MMORPG or the like, they take too much time away from my real life :P

Sounds like a cool game, yes, but I hate subscription-based solutions, so I'd never buy it. Well, maybe if it was single-player :P

Edited by Darkelve

Sounds like a cool game, yes, but I hate subscription-based solutions, so I'd never buy it. Well, maybe if it was single-player :P

you don't have to buy it. you don't even have to subscribe to play it. you get a free trial of 24 hours (that's total gameplay time, so you can spread it out over as much time as you want) and the montly cost is $14. but you don't purchase the game, you just download it, play it, and subscribe if you like it.

I've been meaning to play it, it looks like a fun game. it's not your regular MMORPG.