Flashplayer

pcbuilder

hmm... well, actually, I installed flash via download at macromedia.com, then extracted the files and made a ./flashplayer-install in the konsole as root. Up and running. The flash-package has a small howto included. :thumbs:

:D

You did nothing wrong, pcbuilder.

The second one is a preconfigured rpm for Mandrake, it's easier to install.

The Macromedia file just asks more ...

It's just easier to install and focus on rpm's that are made for Mandrake.

And if you have not done yet, please spend some time to learn how to install graphical in MCC, how to setup software sources, and how to install rpms with the command urpmi.

Good luck!

Thank you so much

Where will i find the info to

learn how to install graphical in MCC, how to setup software sources, and how to install rpms with the command urpmi.

p.s.

I have only had this install for a few days and i am finding it difficult but very interesting finding my way around.Look forward to any further assist

Hi.

mandrake do not put mozilla in /usr/lib/mozilla, put it in /usr/lib/mozilla-$(VERSION) directory.

it is suppoused to load the plugins from a sym link from /usr/lib/mozilla-$(VERSION)/plugins to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.

However, the ./flashplayer-install will not install the plugins in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins becouse (I guess) it checks for other mozilla directories in order to be sure you are installing in the right place. so you will copy as root the plugins to the /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins and create sym links to them from the mozilla plugins directory, or

simply you tipe

locate mozilla

to know were mozilla is, and then in flashplayer-install tipe the rigth directory.

If you chosse to copy by hand (copy-paste, sey in konqueror) you need to open konqueror as root and browse until /usr/mozilla/plugins and open another konqueror (will be as user) to the directori with the pluginsm then copy-paste

then create a sym link from the plugins to mozilla-$(VERSION)/plugins

that is all.

Where will i find the info to

learn how to install graphical in MCC, how to setup software sources, and how to install rpms with the command urpmi.

p.s.

I have only had this install for a few days and i am finding it difficult but very interesting finding my way around.Look forward to any further assist

pcbuilder,

MCC = Mandrake Control Center

You will find it in your start applications menu: yellow star -> well, now I don't know, because I have a different menu structure, lol, and a different language, maybe: settings or configuration or system --> Configure your Computer

In mcc you'll find everything to configure your hardware, your network, software install and uninstall, configure your boot menu, services etc.

You can also 'run' /start mcc by:

ALT + F2, type: mcc, enter, give your root password ...

Documentation about the powerful Mandrake way to install software, 'urpmi', and more:

http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/fdoc.php3

And there is documentation on your Install cds, go to: Install software, you can search there for packages, in this case for documentation/mandrake or similiar, and install it.

Also, here on the board we have many tips, faq's, how to's in the special sections.

Take your time to get familiar with Linux and Mandrake. And if you have more questions, ask away, this board is very friendly with many helpful people.

Ah, and welcome!

:D