trying to install gnucash

imwithstupid

ok...i tried something else...I downloaded the rpms (because the computer i'm installing it on isn't connected to the internet at the moment) and if i try to install gnucash it says I need libgnucash. And when I try to install libgnucash it says i need to install gnucash. How do I get it so it does the thing where it installs them both at the same time without stopping because the dependencies aren't installed?

It's weird that gnucash is not available on the cds.. Or it is not shown on rpmdrake.

Anyway, if you have broadband, why don't you put one of the main mandrake repository into your urpmi database, so typing urpmi gnucash will automatically download the rpm and its dependencies and install it automatically. Just go to http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ to setup your main repository and this way, you don't even need the cds anymore.

Yeah, I agree that it is weird, but I am using Mdk 10 rc1 for amd 64 so it isn't exactly super stable.

I actually sort of did what you just said last night. I poked around one of the ftp mirrors for mdk and got it to work. Basically if you set up a new resource in rpmdrake that is to an ftp mirror that references the hdlist file not the hdlist2 file. Then it works, downloads the dependencies and everything. You just have to remember to disable that resource for regular used (CD installs, updating, etc.)