Sata Raid with hot sauce please!

Peppercorn

Hi all,

I was told that I could do this but I am obviously dumber than I thought.

I have an Albatron KX18D Pro11 MB with the on board Nvidia chip running an AMD processor

It has a Silicon Image Raid configuration Utility onboard.

I setup 2 Western Digital 74gig Raptors after saving all my pennies into a raid 0 array. No Probs so far.

I start the install into Mandrake 10 Official and get to the part where you have to partition the hard drives and stuff and even here everythikng seems OK but it is obvios I don't really know what is required of me :juggle:

I have got to the point where it has accepted all my guesses of how it should be set up and installed all the programs I wanted.

But then on the reboot I am getting a screen of 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99

I feel like I have called up the spirit of John Lennon (Number NIne) Just in case you don't get the joke!!!

I cannot find a "how to" anywhere. SO, Can some benevolent brainny and patient angel be bothered in walking me through this??????????????????

Mandrake 10 DOES seem to see the raid array, but I just cannot guess how to put it all together to make it work. So, PLEASE??? Any takers??

Peppercorn

Thanks for the advice. It is getting on here timewise, but I'll give it one more go before hitting the sack tonight.

I tried "grub" instead of Lilo and it just hung, so that didn't do much. I am going to try and boot from one of the disks

in that I will partition / at the beggining of one disk and then /swap after that and maybe /boot at the beginning of the other disc.

I will then partition the rest of both of them to the maximum of what is left and set it up in the raid array under /home.

Does that make ANY sense to anyone out there???????

Thanks again!!