Disc 4?

virtualspy

Disc 4 is not available in ISO downloads, so where do I find it? I reviewed quite a few FTP sites and none of them included CD4.

It seems to me if Mandrake download version asks for CD4 they should make it downloadable. That's like helping an old lady halfway across the street.

-vspy

Edited by virtualspy

I thought cd4 was contrib stuff :unsure: ...and there's no contrib on that mirror.

bvc:

My disc 4 (download edition, club,standard, not powerpack) contains no contrib stuff, only rpms that did not fit on the first 3, and they are all under 'main' on the official mirrors.

Swift:

I don't know what is on Powerpack, that's a different edition. And I don't know what 'Discovery' (is that a boxed version?) contains.

I totally agree with you cannon. :D

Its a service and conveniance that some are willing to pay for... instead of dealing with those "too many users," "curl 9 errors," and "file does not exist errors" we all been getting trying to urpmi some package and its dependencies. Plus, it saves you all the time and effort of downloading, gathering, and packaging it all on a CD.

thanks anna!

I wish an admin would clear up whether or not it is now ok to post a link to cd4 :unsure: *hint *hint :D

No need for an admin when us moderators are fully aware of the decision that was made when Mandrake club began and the whole 9.2 version release deal occured.

If Mandrake does not want the ISO publicly available, we will not allow a link to it. If you want the RPMs, add the servers with them to your software manager. Do not link to ISO's that Mandrake does not make publicly available. That was the policy that was agreed on, and the policy we will continue to enforce. The original question can not be answered publicly in accordance with these guidelines, and so this thread is locked.

Tyme's quite correct in that is our policy. :deal:

If anyone becomes aware of Mandrake posting a link to the CD that is public, then at that time we can consider posting a link. We do not want to undermine Mandrake's revenue process since they work so hard to give us our favorite distro :woops:

Nuff on the topic for now? Anyone has more info or needs to discuss this, please PM me.. B)