wirless and linux

Guest Bullet2Binary

Guest Bullet2Binary

howdy

i'm a complete newbie to linux, i've only had it on my system for 2 days, so i apologize for any absurd statements/question i ask. I also apologize if they've been asked 32847234897 million time before by newbies like me :wall::wall:

that said i have 2 questions:

1) how do i get a wireless card working? I have an Aopen AOI-702 and have tried generic drivers, but, like i said, i don't really know what the hell i'm doing.

2)i know this is the hardware forum, but i'd prefer not to clog up the entire board with dumb questions. I cant get aim, or any linux clone/port to work.

lastly, if someone could show me a decent web page that explains the konsole and linux in general, i'd greatly appreciate it

thanks

edit : i'm using the newest kde

Edited by Bullet2Binary

Just a quick look but that seems to have scrolled

what is does show is an onboard ethernet device though

if you do this again you can highlight the text and scroll back then just use the middle mouse button to paste into an editor

Im off to work now but try and post the FULL output...and Im sure one of the other members will help out.

never worry about too many dumb questions.... they are the easiest to anwser :D

Guest Bullet2Binary

i havent' had time to do this yet, i've barely touched my computer lately - too busy.

are there linux friendly wireless cards?

actually for my linux box......

after trying to use ndiswrapper, PAIN...... and suffering

i decided to go and buy a ethernet card (like one you but an ethernet cable into) and then i bought a wireless ethernet bridge... see Linksys wireless g ethernet bridge

now as far a my computer is concerned, it has a wired connection, but it is really wireless :D