What hardware monitoring programs do you use?

cage47

Well this is one thing I've been wanting to setup on my new machine. I was tinkering with it when Debian was installed but didn't finish. Now deb is gone and I'm back to Mandrake with 10.0. It works wonderfully. But I want to setup my hardware monitoring. Specifically for my system temp. I know you can do it with gkrellm with some tinkering, (I'll check taht post on here regarding that) but what other programs in mandrake official can monitor or are there better programs elsewhere to download to do this? Like on rpmfind. or sourceforge. I was using ksensors in Woody but that is in KDE2.2. Don't see a replacement in KDE 3.2. So going to do some more digging.

i've been using Lm_Sensors . i'm pretty sure on of the install CD's has it. that was the case in 9.2, at least. if not, you can get a rpm from a contrib site or even cooker. not to difficult to set up. read the faq's/docs at the web site & the readme/install stuff with the package. for a gui front end to it, you can use some superkaramba stuff. i use one called tmon. i edited the theme a bit to get it to my liking. also, unless i'm mistaken, ksensors is available for kde3.2. i have it for kde3.1.3, but i coulda sworn i saw 3.2 versions of it in cooker. here's a screenie of the tmon theme running. (ignore the wacky chassis temp. i'm still tinkering with the settings on that. and, the in/out for the internet do work, but they only show action during dloads/uploads)

Chris

Edited by chris z

Nope it's either KDE or Icewm for my liking.

I couldn't find the ksensors prog in the 10 official cd's I'll have to dig around or look on the kde download site for it. I have it setup in Debian and like it. I have lm-sensors installed in mandy but was looking for the front end.