Can't use eroaster with 2.6 kernel in Mandy 10

cage47

OK so got the system up to 100%. but I see now that eroaster is not usable. It's still looking for the 2.4 kernel devices like sg0 or scd0. Niether of which are created in Mandrake 10. Why include it then? :screwy:

I've instaled also k3b and can burn with that but it seems a little wierd to include a program that won't work. Is this a possible bug to report? Or does anyone have it working with Mandy 10. This used to be my #2 needed program. But at least k3b works.

you can change eroasters settings to look for the correct device, if you know what it is. i've used eroaster on my 2.6 install of Mandrake 10 OE, if you want I can check the settings and give them to you (but it won't be until later, as I'm at work)

The 2.6.x kernels do not require scsi emulation for cd burning. Perhaps eroaster is looking for an old configuration and you just need to set it up again? I'm guessing since I only use k3b.

Well considering it was a clean install it had no "old" configuration to look for. I went into the config and told it to look for hdc (the writer) but it keeps giving scsi errors when I try to burn. Says couldn't acess device sg* should be root. Now the sg devices aren't created and it won't look for hdd even though I tell it. The writer detect finds device 1,0,0 but it says it's device scd0. even though it's not. it's hdc. I know all about the 2.6 kernel and scsi emulation.

Says couldn't acess device sg* should be root.

Whats lsmod say?

Module Size Used by

loop 15368 0

sg 40028 0

st 39992 0

sr_mod 18116 0

sd_mod 17920 0

scsi_mod 117744 4 sg,st,sr_mod,sd_mod

The writer detect finds device 1,0,0 but it says it's device scd0. even though it's not. it's hdc.

Perhaps a symlink would help here. :unsure:

BobGuy: with kernel 2.6 you don't need those modules loaded to do cd-burning anymore, that's the problem. eroaster seems to what those modules to be loaded, it seems.

tyme, those modules are loaded at startup here in mandrake 10.0

I just installed eroaster-2.2.0-0.6.4mdk

I'll try and burn some stuff, and see if it can be done.

Only been using K3B, and it works fine here.

BTW why is it that when I click on Preview Post it does not, it Add Reply?

Makes it kinda difficult to edit.

Well I tried making a simlink to scd0 but didn't do the sg link. That's when I tried k3b. Since I got that working I'm not going to go through the headache of figuring it out. I've got hardware monitoring to fiddle with now and then my database.

• 4 months later...