Sound Speakers Problem

Nazgulled

I have 4 speakers and a subwoofer (creatinve inspire 4.1) and a sound blaster live 1024 player card and using emu10k1 for the sound device (mdk10).

Everytime I startup mandrake the 2 rear speakers keep playing a sound like "bbuuuuummmmm" and don't stop... I found a way to stop this but everytime I startup this setting is changed back.

This and many other settings like volume and such are reverted back automatically when I startup mandrake again (I'm talking about Kmix settings).

Take a look at the attached picture... you see that blue circle I made? what's that for? what does it mean when one of that red circles are selected? that sound on the rear speakers only happens if that's the circle that it's selected (wich is everytime I startup mandrake no matter how many times I change it) if I change to any other, the sound stops (I can still play sounds on all 4 speakers)

But like I said the options I set on Kmix are not saved.

Please help, this sound in the startup is really annoying...

post-10-1084219476.jpg

Edited by Nazgulled

I believe the red dot is for muting it. you're muting the microphone input. i'm not sure how to save these settings with kmix, abut i believe you can use aumix to save them so that they are the same everytime you reboot.

Don't quote me on this (I'm at work now --- I'll check on it when I get home! )

But if I remember, if you go into KDE's Control Center there is a listing for Sound in there you can save your mixer settings and they will stay put.

Like I said I'll have to check again when I get home tonight.