Wierd software installer problem

neocytrix

Hello everyone,

I go to the install software program and choose what I want to install, however, when it asks me for a cd I put in the cd it asks for and when I do I press okay and it waits a second and it tells me to put in the same CD, almost as if it thinks I didn't just put it in.

Anything helps

-neocytrix

Prior to Mandrake 10, I would have said supermount. But I haven't seen any issues with magicmount, so try the sources. If that doesn't work, turn off magicmount.

if you think your CD sources may be borked & want to replace them, do the following........

go to Mandrake Control Center (MCC)->software sources manager. click on each CD source, then click "remove". when they're all gone, pop in the first CD, mount it (that part is important. if you don't have "supermount" or some type of "auotmount", you must mount the CD before proceeding!), then choose "add". choose "removable media" as the type of source. type in a name for it, of your own desire. for location, you want to point it to where your CD is mounted. (for instance, mine is /mnt/cdrom. yours may differ. just adjust that to fit your situation.) click "ok" (or "apply" or "save"...........i forget what it is right now) then sit back while it adds/updates the CD source. when it's done, unmount the CD, pop in the next CD, mount that, then repeat the proceedure. continue until all your CD sources have been added, then click "save" to finish the deal.

Chris

Edited by chris z