Any Comments on MdK10 AMD64

arshadmomen

I was wondering what the impression of the mdkuser crowd is regarding the amd64 version of Mdk 10? This could either be be the rc1 version or the version just released recently.

Though I don't have any AMD64 rig but your opinion will help meto decide whether to get one sooner or wait.

Any takers on this one ?

Thanks in advance.

A. :D :

*** moved by phunni from software

Edited by phunni

I changed over to 10 when they released the first beta, and have kept updating it. Its great, there were several bugs in the betas but theres been considerable progress since then. The availability of packages (eg PLF) is not as good for AMD64 so you have be prepared to build more packages yourself, but other than that its as good as the i586 version of MDK 10 (which I run on my laptop).

From an unexperienced user....

AMD64 (not the definitive) version seems to me like the others...

Until now I finded two problems:

1.- the japanese input system is not installed by default, choosing UNICODE. (see my other posts)

2.- firefox 0.8 doesn't run at all.

For the moment, both problems can wait for the official release...

But the first problem shows that the internationalization team must work harder if they want to reach the real world (outside USA)

The second problem illustrates the problem with the links between the libraries...

Hi arshadmomen.

As far as I know the tar.bz file is a directory with everithing inside ready to run...

Anyway that's only a technoligy preview and I'm fine with mozilla.

If I remember well, when I tested it the gtk library for amd64 doesn't work with firefox... but as I said on my last post, those are minor problems.

I'll try later

Thanks for your help