HP Printer install

energymedia

Hey all,

I just purchased a HP Laserjet 1012. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get it to print, driver issue. I am running MDK 9.2 and utilizing CUPS. When selecting how the printer is connected, USB, it shows that the printer is the 1012, but I cannot find the correct drivers anywhere.

Can anyone help out?

Thanks in advance.

Are you trying to do that through Mandrake Control Center / hardware session? I have one installed here and it was automatically recognised by the system. (even when I was running 9.1 / 9.2).

• 1 month later...
Guest SweetLou

I need help installing the HP LaserJet 1012 on Mandrake 10. During installation, the printer was found and I could print a test page. In the Mandrake Control Center>>Hardware>>Printers, the printer is found. I just can't print anything. I can print the printer's internal test page. I've been searching for a solution to this problem of mine. I did find some information but nothing seems to have worked for me.

If I remove the printer from the Control Center... Printers, Mandrake doesn't see it to reinstall.

I am a newbee to Linux and I get confused easily. If anyone can point me in the correct direction to solve this problem, I would be greatly appreciative.

Oh, I did have SuSE 9.0 installed for a day and I can get it to work in SuSE. I just think I like Mandrake better and was hoping to be able to use Mandrake over SuSE.

Guest SweetLou

Nevermind, I found the answer. I did some more searching on www.linuxprinting.org. At first, I didn't download and install the foomatic-rip and foomatic-gswrapper since the page said I most likely wouldn't need them. This time I did and my printer is working again.