Are there any decent Linux based PDAs out there?

There is a more complete listing of Linux pda's here. There are some that I had never thought of...I thought the Zarus was the only one.

There is also a download where you can "flash" your PocketPC to Linux. I can't remember the link right now, though.

Also, Lycoris is coming out with a version of Desktop/LX for PocketPC. You can read about it here. It looks like a good product. It's due out sometime in the second quarter of this year. There's no mention of whether or not it will be free, though.

1. only a handfull of PPC's can runa ny form of linux. Most would be destroyed if you tried to flash them with familiar or some other linux distro.

2. putting linux on a PPC is a gigantic waste of money as a large part of what you pay for with a PPC is the MS OS.

3. Check out http://www.zaurususergroup.com

4. If you have LOT's of money, get your self a Sharp SL-C860. They have VGa resolution and a rotating clamshell design.They are not available outside of japan, so you will have to order off ebay or through an importer like Dynamism. If you order from dynaamism, you will get it with a mostly translated OS. If you buy a new one off ebay, it will be in japanese.

5. IMO, the best ROM (read ROM as "distro") for an SL-5000d, 5500 is called Open Zaurus. The best for the 5600 is called tkc and the best for any of the "c" models as in the c700 through c860 is called pdaXrom. Available at http://www.cacko.biz It's the best as it actualy runs an X server with a window manager and all the extras including a dev kit for compiling desktop software for the Z.