Can I do this?

Pain999

I got 10.0 CE installed and updated on my computer with a nForce2 motherboard using the onboard sound and nic. Can I take that H/D and put it in another computer with a KT400 motherboard / SB Live and expect it to work or do I have to reinstall everthing from scratch?

You might run into a product activation nightmare.... wait a minute thats windows not *nix.

Sorry about that, just had to put that one out there.

as for the fact that the original board is an nForce board did you install the nVidia drivers? I would think that if you did then you might have some problems with the kernel on the new system board, but as I am not a linux guru *yet* I dont fully know.

Yes you can,

what should happen is as it boots up you will get an assortment of questions about installing and uninstalling drivers and so on, I've done it from an anchient via based board to a brand new nForce2 board. To me, the biggie is to have the same type of video card (nvidia /ati) otherwise you will not boot into X without having to drop to command line first.

Capn