Browser settings?

Dangermonk

I am having trouble setting up web browsers with 10.0. Most web pages look fine, but forums (especially vBulletin) are awful. I have tried many different browsers, and I have found that Firefox (with a minimum “14” text setting) is looking the best to me. Unfortunately, Opera (my favorite on Windows) looks the worst. It is pretty much the text size that is bothering me.

Am I missing something? Am I doing something wrong?

I have a monitor resolution of 1024 x 768. I have changed the resolution while trying to compensate with various browser settings without any luck.

I don't usually mind little imperfections, but I am a forum junkie. This is one thing that I would like to get right.

Haven't quite figured out what has happened with this myself, but since going to version 10 (plus a new video card) I have noticed the fonts seemed to have shrunk.

I use mozilla and just keep hitting the text zoom feature and bump em up a notch. Seems to help here. Maybe you can grab a screen shot and post it here. That way we can get a better idea what your looking at.

OK. I haven't tried aRTee's suggestion yet, but here are some screen shots.

Opera set at default

Opera when text is enlarged

I have changed the fonts to make it look a little better than the above screen shot, but Opera still looks awful.

Firefox set at default

Firefox when text is enlarged

Firefox has provided me with the view that I am most comfortable with. I have tried different browsers, but I think these shots will give you an idea of what I am seeing.

Edited by Dangermonk