Quake - new RPM for Mandrake 9.0

DOlson

This new RPM of Quake should put an icon in the menu too... But I'm not sure about it... It seems to have kinda disappeared on me now... The file just isn't there.

But either way, the game works just fine, and there is a cool Quake icon in the directory /usr/local/games/twilight/

Try it out and let me know.

Hey - about this twilight quake 1 thing - is it 3D like GLQuake? I really hope so! I'd love to play all the way through quake again, this time in linux with 3D! Hey - any improvments for multiplayer? Like a good way to find internet games perhaps?

I don't know... Just try it and find out.

It looks nice to me, and yeah, it uses GL.

I never played it multiplayer. And any multiplayer games I play are usually with the ex-Loki guys, using specific IP addresses, so I don't need any browsing features. But, there is Xqf or something like that, check at http://mdkextras.by-a.com/

Afrosheen uses it.

xqf is a really cool little app. I use that a lot too. I have a few riva,lries going on with a couple of other quake 3 people, and I can use xqf to find out what game they are in.

Also, if you wanna play things like urban terror, you need xqf.