PS/2 Mouse Issue With MDK10 CE

falcons_85

Hi Everyone

I have a Logitech MX310 USB Optical Mouse plugged into the PS/2 port. When I start the MDK 10 Install the mouse is frozen. If I plug it in using USB it works however the scroll wheel only works in one direction (down).

I can get the mouse to work using PS/2 via mousedrake after install but if I restart the machine the mouse is frozen again. Mousedrake also only detects the mouse wheel scrolling down and not up (Using PS/2 & USB). After I installed the ATI drivers for my 9600XT the mouse wheel worked properly using USB, I haven't tried it yet in PS/2 mode.

I am wondering if anyone else has come across this problem?

I have a Logitech usb optical wireless wheelmouse and use the ps2 adapter. ML-10-CE sets it up as and ExplorerPS/2 (like that's ever really worked well for anyone). It also had my XAxisMapping at 6 7 (which is why it shouldn't use the ExplorerPS/2). So I changed it to be what its always been and all is well. (I added "Buttons" "5")

Section "InputDevice"
   Identifier "Mouse1"
   Driver "mouse"
   Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
   Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
   Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
   Option "Buttons" "5"
EndSection

Welcome to the board? :unsure:

Edited by bvc

bvc

Where is that information stored ? I have only just started to try linux out. It's certinatly a change from boring old windows :)

Any ideas as to why the mouse does not work properly during the Install ?. It works in fine in 9.1

Sorry for the double posting of this topic

Yes this my first time on the board. Thanks for the welcome!

Edited by falcons_85

:woops:

Sorry!!!!

Forgot that part :unsure:

/etc/X11/XF86Config-4

It's the X (video/tv//mouse/keyboard) configuration file.

SEE: man XF86Config

in a terminal for details. Let us know if you need more help! :D

the double post is probably not your fault...we're having tech problems.

Edited by bvc

I am wondering if anyone else has come across this problem?

Yes, its happening all over mandy world.

For me, my Logitech USB optical wheel was plugged in a USB 1 port and worked for the install except for the wheel part. Afterwards I went into the "configure your computer" --> hardware --> mouse and changed it from Universal to PS/2 Generic PS2 Wheel Mouse and it works now.

Others report success by unplugging from the USB port and using the PS/2 port to install and then changing back to the USB afterwards.

For me, my Logitech USB optical wheel was plugged in a USB 1 port and worked for the install except for the wheel part. Afterwards I went into the "configure your computer" --> hardware --> mouse and changed it from Universal to PS/2 Generic PS2 Wheel Mouse and it works now.

I have tried that but it does not seem to change from universal. If I look in hardrake it still shows the universal driver being used. When I select the generic PS/2 with wheel driver I unplug it from USB and into PS/2 when the test screen comes up. The mouse works but the wheel only works in one direction. If I restart the machine the mouse is frozen again.

Just noticed mine goes back too. :o

You can also try opening a terminal / console

su
<password>
mousedrake

Then pull the plug for a couple seconds and reinsert it. Then set it and hopefully that test thing comes up to confirm the proper settings.

Have you tried bvc's way yet ?

Poking around mousedrake and I end up with the same symptoms here now. If I get the wheel working it was only the down direction. I ended up edited the XF86confiig-4 file just as bvc and got mine back in order. (I am not going back into mousedrake to see what its set at now ;) )Its not right, but I guess you just need to play around with it till it works. OR maybe (hopefully) the updates will fix it right ( I haven't tried any updating yet)

Scoopy,bvc

Thanks for your help. I must be a bug in MDK 10. I've noticed a slight pause during startup when it gets to initializing the mouse. I did a test and connected a standard 2 button PS/2 mouse and had no problems (although mousedrake still reverted to the universal driver). I'm using it through USB now and it's working fine.