• Announcements

• spinynorman

Mandriva Official Documentation

Official documentation for extant versions of Mandriva can be found at doc.mandriva.com.   Documentation for the latest release may take some time to appear there. You can install all the manuals from the main repository if you have Mandriva installed - files are prefixed mandriva-doc.
    • paul

Forum software upgrade   10/29/17

So you may have noticed the forum software has upgraded !!!
      A few things that have changed. We no longer have community blogs (was never really used) We no longer have a portal page.
      We can discuss this, and decide whether it is needed (It costs money) See this thread: Here
Sign in to follow this  
Guest anon

Mail errors with PM system

Guest anon

You may find that when you send a PM or e-mail a member from the board, you will get a "Failed at 'mail' command"

I'm trying to find a fix for this, BUT do not try to send the PM or e-mail again, the mail HAS been sent even though the error tells you it has not

This seems to be a common error that affects all BB boards from time to time. I have yet to track down the cause, but i suspect its php related as sendmail is working fine.

This is just to bump this topic back into view. This problem is affecting both pm's and some normal board posts. There have been quite a few duplicate (sometimes more) posts made in various forums. I have pm'd several people informing them that I have deleted duplicate posts from them.

This is just to bump this topic back into view.  This problem is affecting both pm's and some normal board posts.  There have been quite a few duplicate (sometimes more) posts made in various forums.  I have pm'd several people informing them that I have deleted duplicate posts from them.

Yeah, saw it too late. Made a double post and then when I tried to reported it probably mailed the admins about 5 times.

I wonder if I should temporarily change my nickname now :unsure:

I am trying to keep as on top of the duplicate threads/posts as I can. I'm not sure how many I've deleted today, but it's been quite a few.

COuld it have something to do with sendmail or something mail related on the server bugging up?

This is what happens when you delete improve yourt rank :D

You offended the forum gods .....

Anyway, as we apease them is it possible to allow a user to delete their OWN posts ?

This is what happens when you delete improve yourt rank :D 

You offended the forum gods .....

Anyway, as we apease them is it possible to allow a user to delete their OWN posts ?

As long as it's not the first post in a thread, anyone can delete their own posts.

I can delete any of my posts, so long as they arent starting a thread.

Some bug not long ago allowed me to delete my threads too!!

but vampyregeek fixed it :(

I swear it was a feature, not a bug!!

Well, I used to have a delete button but havn't for a while!

perhaps a prob when we migrated to the new invision board ???

edits: (see I can edit my posts)

Iphitus, your in the dev team - is anyone else who's a plain 'members' able to delete their own posts?

Edited by Gowator

Sign in to follow this