KDE 3.2 in URPMI?

Ghil Vertefeuille

Please post how it goes. I would also like to upgrade to kde 3.2, but I want to know in advance what the install process is going to be like.

LiquidZoo, have you done this?

Yes, I have. I am currently running KDE 3.2-74mdk (as reported by rpm -qa | grep kdebase: kdebase-3.2-74mdk.i586) on my desktop at home. I upgraded from 9.2's stock KDE this way

argh...it stars downloading, and after a while it says I should update the urpmi (it doesn't found libdecorations...)

I'll try another URPMI setup and try again.

edit:

fixed. downloading/installing the packages right now :P

reedit:

Argh!

there is conflicts everywhere, with so many pacakges...what do I do now? (installation seemed to fail because of a lot of conflicts)

Edited by Ghil Vertefeuille

Wow, was that ever fun!!! :P :angry: :P

Basically had to remove KDE 3.1.3 in order to get it to work. However, I DID get it to work.

In terms of all the dependencies, I simply went into the file manager and removed all the conflicting packages. This seemed to clear everything up. The only package that I have lost is K3B. Other than that, everything went nice and smooth once I ripped out the offending packages.

Now to try and install a newer copy of K3B.

First step: Make sure that you are not in KDE 3.1.3. So, logout and login back into gnome, shell (init 3), or some other desktop environment.

Second: attempt to install kde 3.2, this will raise a lot of errors. Open up the Remove Software part of the software packages thingy and remove whatever package is at the end of all those this-package-conflicts with this-package lines

Third: attempt to reinstall kde 3.2

I had to do this about 3 times before I was able to get it to install cleanly.

The trick is that you need to be in some other desktop other than kde.