another sound problem

arthur

why, oh why, does Mandrake set the sound so low on default? :(

I can't crank my sound up from a whisper, even with Kmix and aumix settings maxed out! In knoppix the volume is fine...

Since this might be the reason many people have trouble with sound on mandrake, I suggest to the FAQ team to provide a "how to crank up sound in Mandrake"... if you guys have the time :D I'll be very grateful :woops:

thanks

I'd better upgrade to MDK 10.0 then...I was about to switch to Knoppix/Debian you know... :o

And no, as I said even cranking up alsamixer, Kmix and aumix and my speakers only give me very faint music...I gotta stick my ears to the speaker to hear anything. :unsure: I could cascade some amps but that's a bit extreme...

But if it's only in an old version of MDK then it doesn't warrant a FAQ. But new FAQs must be made for new versions...like compiling a 2.6 kernel is now a *bit* different from compiling a 2.4 kernel.

Please don't see me as a demanding member...just offering some suggestions... :cheesy: