Printerdrake & Hewlett Packard -- Rock On!

iphitus

Im damn impressed!!!

Got a new printer today HP Photosmart 7150.

Mandrake COntrol Center > Hardware > Printer drake.

ROCK ON!!!

I clicked on printerdrake in MCC and it detected, then downloaded and installed drivers for the printer with no intervention from me. one click installation. Easier than windows by far!!!!

Anyway, if you are looking for a printer, go with the HP deskjet or photosmart series. HP make ****in good printers, there are 4 in my house now, all linux compatible, all reliable and havent had a problem.

Score 1 Hewlett Packard.

:headbang::thumbs::afro:

FYI - We also have a Canon printer, its a damn paperwieght, doesnt work in Linux and screws up all the time in windows. Mandrake detects it but no driver exists. Its crud.

:evilmod::tm: <<< am i allowed to use that?

Edited by iphitus

I actually recommend an HP Laserjet 1300 for the office just because it works very will in linux (from what I read in linuxprinting.org). Now, from my experience with an old HP Laserjet 4L, printing in linux is easy. Heck.. it's so easy using cups for print sharing between linux computers that I spent an hour trying to configure print sharing, not knowing that it is already done done automatically. (I was trying to force linux to use samba for print sharing to linux machine, of course it won't work).