X-Windows Managers

AA

I know KDE might not be the best. Personally I like enlightenment but sometimes it can really be a pain in the ass.

Is it possible to have a different window manager for each user. Because then I will just create more than one login for myself and depending on which window manager i feel like, i will log in with that account.

That desktop file seems to be a universal file, as in, it is not situated in the user's directory but in /etc/sysconfig/ surely then it decides the window manager for all users or maybe just root.

PS: I have not looked at it yet...!!

Another option is to use run level 3 (where you log into text only mode) which is better anyway. You could then install Xtart which lets you choose which WM to use when you start X - this way you could still have your choice of WM depending on how you feel.

If you have mulitple users - your files will be in diefferent /home/ directories

You can change to run level three by going to the boot settings in DrakConf and setting it to NOT start X at boot time

Guest jglen490
Or you could just try soem other windows managers - KDE is not necessarily the best you know... 

Fluxbox?

I think when using startx it suppose to say 

DESKTOP=FLUXBOX

How does this answer the question :roll: ? Or provide useful information to someone else who may actually do a search on this subject :roll: :roll: ?

Another option is to use run level 3 (where you log into text only mode) which is better anyway.  You could then install Xtart which lets you choose which WM to use when you start X - this way you could still have your choice of WM depending on how you feel.

If you have mulitple users - your files will be in diefferent /home/ directories

You can change to run level three by going to the boot settings in DrakConf and setting it to NOT start X at boot time

How does this answer the question  ? Or provide useful information to someone else who may actually do a search on this subject?

I would hope that what I have since said may be of more help - plus if AA actually tried and liked some other window Managers then I think that would have been helpful

DESKTOP=FLUXBOX

How does this answer the question? Or provide useful information to someone else who may actually do a search on this subject

Perfectly!....and either you didn't post with an answer because this is it, or you don't know...so what good is your post?

Well normally if you type "xt" and then tab it, it will complete the line or show all available possibilities. Which it does not. and if i type just straight up "xtart" it says "bash: xtart: command not found"

So hence my question....!!

Wait... could it maybe be "Xtart" with a capitol...??????????????????

Guest jglen490

DESKTOP=FLUXBOX

How does this answer the question? Or provide useful information to someone else who may actually do a search on this subject

Perfectly!....and either you didn't post with an answer because this is it, or you don't know...so what good is your post?

I know you meant to say "Imperfectly!", because you know enough to answer a question by giving a specific solution to a specific question and having done that, THEN offering further information :) !