SuSE Wine Rack - Emulation

Anyone tried installing "SuSE: Wine Rack" on Mandrake 9.2 ?? It looks pretty sweet, and may save the hassell of downloading and compiling everything manually. Please let me know about anyone having any experiences with it ??

http://www.suse.de/en/private/products/sus...linux/winerack/

Edited by Relic2K

• 2 months later...

I sent a customer request, by mail, to the SuSe presales people. You can find more information in this thread:

http://www.mandrakeusers.org/index.php?sho...topic=12952&hl=

Basically, Wine rack packages three products from 2 companies:

A ) Codeweavers

1. Crossover Office: for M$ productivity applications

2. Crossover Plugin: for those pesky proprietary browser-plugins (windows media, quicktime, ...)

B ) Transgaming

1. WineX and Point2Play (bundled, I believe)

You could get a discount on getting both Crossover OFfice and plug-in, I think, because they are the same company. The nice thing about WineRack was that it allowed you to but all three products (in SuSe RPM format) at a discount. I say WAS, since they don't seem to sell it any longer (see the thread above).

Edited by Darkelve

I was looking to install wine rack on one of the new 2.6 distros, but in another thread Darkelve's answer from suse says that wine rack isn't available anymore. Anyway, all I want to do is run Quicken while in linux, and also the browser plugins for IE would be nice to have while browsing under linux - I can't listen to any song samples while browsing with mozilla. Probably can fix, but haven't messed with it. I don't care about MS productivity applications such as Office - OOo is ok with me.

So I would just need just winex * crossover plugin ? Are those a hassle to install & get working ?