Shareware/Freeware

Urza9814

Anyone got any sites/games for linux that are shareware and/or freeware? See, my comp is old...4 years old...and I prefer old games...strategy shareware games are always great...they have to be...can't make up for gameplay with graphics...anyways...just sorta starting a thread for your favorite shareware/freeware sites and games for linux.

I like www.tucows.com ...the linux version of cnet IMHO :-P

Edited by Urza9814

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest JoeDesertrat

Try Nethack (nethack.org/) or check Sourceforge for Slash'Em. Both are great rogue-like games. Other rogue-likes include the Moria/Angband/Zangband line of games, the original Rogue and numerous others. A search will find lots of choices and several networks of support. If you dig you can probably still find source code for Advanced Rogue and Ultra Rogue (if you find Super Rogue I'd like to know where). As far as I know alll the rogue-likes are open source and free and will provide you with hours of gaming. It can take several weeks to play a game unless you have nothing else to do and it may take you several months (years?) to learn how to have a chance to win.