Desperately need help repairing an image

VeeDubb

i REALY need the assistance of someone with some serious GIMP/photoshop skills to help me.

I have a picture from a recent "once in a lifetime" trip to Disney Land and i took my digital camera. One the trip I got a phot of my fiance (girlfriend at the time) with Eyor, who is her favorite character. The pictures got dumped on my harddrive a while back with the intention of printing the good ones later and burning the, to CD for back-up, but I never got around to it. Today I went to print and burn and found that several of the pictures, including the one with eyor, were correupted and I desperately need to fix them, especialy that one.

When I look at the preview icons in kde, they look fine, but when i open the pictures with gimp, or kuickshow or anything else, they are corrupted, the bottum half is the wrong colors.

I will attatch the important one and if anyone can fix it I will be eternaly greatfull to you.

I never had any luck fixing images such as you described. I have been able to force open (with other programs) and salvage some that photoshop did not want to open due to corruption problems.

Another way to go about this... that is if your camera uses a flash card (or similiar) is to use a program to recover lost files on it (figuring you most likely cleared the card after dumping them and quite possibly have not used it since).

I am willing to give it a try or send you the recover program if you like.

scoopy82 at yahoo com

I will try IRfanview with my fiance's laptop if I can stay online long enough to downlaod it. (My ISP has been ULTRA-flakey) If not, I'll try and email it to a couple of you. Thank you for the replies, it means a lot to me.

The thing that gets me is that the litle preview icon in kde has no error..