Lindows

Michel

If you would liek to try out lindows, this a good time. OsNews has an article about lindows:

http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=5758&page=1

You alsa can get a 15-day trial for their software-installation system (you can extend it, but don't forget you have to pay then) and whnen you create an account at lindows, you can download lindows. You can choose between different kinds: developper, I think also laptop, ...

maybe interesting if you would like to test it out.

That's not that "Kraig" dude is it ???

Seems Lindows has been having a change of heart and wants to support open source more these days. They sponsor sites such as, KDE-apps.org and KDE-look.org, which a lot of us Mandrakers use.

Maybe Lindows 5 is the one that will be able to market Linux to the world and introduce Linux to the majority ?

That's not that "Kraig" dude is it ???

Seems Lindows has been having a change of heart and wants to support open source more these days. They sponsor sites such as, KDE-apps.org and KDE-look.org, which a lot of us Mandrakers use.

Maybe Lindows 5 is the one that will be able to market Linux to the world and introduce Linux to the majority ?

psssttt...

look for the thread 'LindowsOS'. There was some good discussion on the subject. And as you will notice, not everyone would be happy to see 'Lindows' come to the masses ;)

I think lindows is like a cheap windows clone...it's linux for the wanna-be geek who doesn't know what linux is, but wants it to be more like a geek...but is afraid to get rid of windows...and doesn't know he can have both (a normal geek would just get linux anyways...I fit all of that except I'm an actual geek :-P)