O'cd Duron running ML9

Guest duir66

Just wanted to share.....

Got my Duron 650MHz O'cd to 900MHz on Abit KT7A w256MB Ram running ML9 & SETI@Home for 36 hours straight.

Core Voltage = 1.8v

I/O Voltage = 3.5v

Core Temp = 44C/111F

Cooled with oversized CoolerMaster Aluminum Heatsink and 60mm/low profile fan & Arctic Silver III.

:D

No pencil marks here. All I did was play with the settings in the BIOS until it worked like I wanted. It started to boot into the OS @ 950 but just couldn't do it.

Seems I am pushing the chip to it's limits though. It locked up on shutdown just now. (Testing some SDRAMs in it).

Nevertheless, I tried overclocking it a while back with Windows on it and the best I could get it to truly stabilize at was 750.

Mark another one up for Linux.

Testing a guy's 2 256MB sticks, slapped 32 of my own in. = ~548MB SDRAM.... (I might just have to order him some more... lol)

But it will NOT run Mozilla for any reason whatsoever with this ram in it, and I had to restart it a few times (even before the extra 32mb).

• 2 weeks later...

Finally lowered Duron 650 from 900MHz to 850MHz. Solid as a rock now.

On another note, I oc'd my PIV from 2.53 to 2.85GHz. Posted at 3GHz but wouldn't boot up.

FSB was 533, now 600. DDR 2100 went down to PC 1600 though. Using Epox 4g4m+/1GB ram.