php-pdf Support in Download "Edition"

zarquon

Hi there,

can't find any pdf Support in php on a 9.2 Installation from the "3 CD download edition".

<?php phpinfo(); ?> tells me something about a php-pdf and/or php-cpdf module, that can be installed. There are several modules for php, for example php-gd, php-imap and of course php-mysql.

Are the pdf-Modules only missing in the DL-Version ?

regards

Rafael

Not sure what your trying to do here, but I can try and help with my limited knowledge on this.

If your trying to set up a website to view pdf's through the user's browser, I think you may just need to map pdf through the php.ini file to instruct the browser on what to do with these types of files. The gd, mysql modules are for other applications that php may need to run to function.

I will look at my stuff later tonight when I get home.

OK,

Here's what I was thinking of:

file:/etc/httpd/conf/apache-mime.types has a line to associated the pdf mimi type for apache's needs (application/pdf pdf)

But I don't think that's what your looking for here. I think your looking to generate pdf files using php and in that case you probably need to find "libpdf" which aren't on my MDK 9.2 CD's, but my sources tell me its available from the plf (which you can find by clicking on that downlink link at the top of this page).

This page may be of some use to you:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.pdf.php