Visitors from alt.os.linux.mandrake

Counterspy

You should be getting some more visitors from the newsgroup alt.os.linux.mandrake. There was a short thread there on how difficult it was to find the URL and some posters were under the impression that this site had folded or had been incorporated into the "Club". I read it daily but find that the longest threads are more concerned with troll identification and bashing with some useful Mandrake information. One poster was surprised that the membership numbers were not much, much higher.

I suspect that if your interested in maintaining a presence there, some of the regulars from here should post over there. The quality of the newsgroup as an information source has been in slow decline IMHO, so it may be a waste of time, although the postings from here may raise the quality.

Counterspy

Edited by Counterspy

I've been using the mac forums at forums.macnn.com and macosx.com a lot as of late. They both have UNIX forums and there are always questions about mandrake in there. I've been trying to be a presence there for us, but its hard when we don't have much ppc traffic here.