Nomad Jukebox Zen NX help

What do you think of your Nomad Zen. i've been thinking about getting the Nomad Zen NX or Xtra in the 40GB model to store my CDs that I had ripped off my computers HDDs (right now it takes up over 15GB, partitaly because I rip at 256Kbps).

As a device on itself I love it. It may not be as slim or flashy as the Ipod, but it's 200 dollars less for a comprible memory size and unlike the Ipod you have a User replaceable Battery. IPod doesn't have that.

In windows I can get it working just fine, but I have issues with linux right now since it's not working :(

Have you tried out the latest version ..just to be sure of that? Here is their website, I suppose you have all the requited libraries already installed sicne you installed a version already:

here is the website, shouldn't you have it:

http://gnomad2.sourceforge.net/

It says Zen Nx is supported ..suppose the jukebox?

Lord Deathsythe, can you give a little more info please. Where you able to successfully install Gnomad2? If so, try running gnomad2 from a counsole as root:

$ su

<enter root password>

# gnomad2

Inspired by your post I tried to get my old nomad jukebox working with gnomad2. Had some problems with installation and had to create links to libnjb.so.0 and libid3-3.8.so.3 in /lib before it would work at all but finally got it going. However, as soon as gnomad2 would come up I would get an error mssage in a popup window re "could not open jukebox". Running as root fixed the problem. Apparently you need root access to read or write to the device.