Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Convert/Burn .mp4 to DVD

#1 User is offline   sglafata 

• casual
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:32 PM

I've checked Google and searched all kinds of documentation online, but it seems that they all show how to convert a video file to MP4 format. I have a MP4 file and want to convert it/burn it to DVD so that I may view it on my DVD player.

Does anybody know how I can accomplish this? Is there a need? Do DVD players recognize an MP4 file?

I'm familiar with converting an AVI to MPG and creating the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders with their associated files. I am using Mandriva Linux 2007 on an AMD64 machine with 2GB RAM. Are there any specific programs that I may need? I have most video/audio RPMs installed.

This post has been edited by sglafata: 08 October 2007 - 09:33 PM

#2 User is offline   scarecrow 

• Platinum
  • Group: Platinum

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:46 PM

I know a few methods, but if you are a Mandriva user, I think simplest one is following this thread at the official mandriva forums.

#3 User is offline   aerogate 

• casual

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:33 PM

I use KDE application ManDVD, works with everything I`ve tried so far including mp4 and divx movies.

mandvd - DVD Video mastering software.? ?
ManDVD is a DVD Video mastering software. Features includes:
- Slideshow
- Animated background menus

Also DVDAuthor with QDVDAuthor as the GUI

'Q' DVD-Author is a GUI frontend for dvdauthor and related tools. The goal is to provide an easy-to-use, yet powerful and complete interface to generate DVD menus, slideshows, and videos to burn on a DVD under Linux.

#4 User is offline   sglafata 

• casual

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:43 PM

Well... I tried your suggestions and it still won't work. I recently updated my ffmpeg and that may be part of the problem. I do get a ffmpeg error:

ffmpeg: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libavformat.so.51: undefined symbol: av_crc04C11DB7

So.... I'm planning on updating to Mandriva 2008 soon. Hopefully that will fix my problem. I'll keep you posted.

#5 User is offline   scarecrow 

• Platinum
  • Group: Platinum

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:00 PM

Ah... so you are using a 64-bit OS. You should have told us.
Some win32 codecs will simply NOT work properly (or at all) under x86_64 environment, even when using highly sophisticated 32-bit wrappers. Solution: Either install a 32-bit Linux, or do it under windows. When it comes to pure desktop usage, 64 bit operating systems are simply not there- yet. Maybe after one year or so, but definitely not yet.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users