Newsgroup client

Vdubjunkie

Hello all,

In a former life I used Agent. I even tried to get WINE to work it, which sort of worked at first...

Anyway, newsgroups for me are a source of huge files, not news, so I need to find a good newsgroup client with yENC compatability if anybody out there knows what is good.

PAN !

Pan is a newsreader, loosely based on Agent and Gravity, which attempts to be pleasant to use for new and advanced users alike. It has all the typical features found in newsreaders and also supports offline, yEnc, charsets, and other features.

This is on your discs and you will need gnome installed.

Alright,

I hate to follow up on my own reply, but I need to correct a mistake I made in my last posting...

I said Pan was to Agent what Gimp is to Photoshop.. From what I'm told Gimp doesn't quite offer what Photoshop does.. Pan is completely superior to Agent. :deal: Here is a true story of open source software beating out commercially sponsored software. Man I love Linux more and more every day. :jester: