kernel source, where is it?

Kieth

I am trying to set up an ADSL modem, and I need to set up the Makefile to point to the kernel source. Only one problem, I do not know where it is, or what it would look like if I saw it!! I am using Mandrake 9.2. Would someone tell me where this source is. As an example, the Makefile states that it might be in /usr/src/linux/include. I need to change this to point to the kernel source.

Thanks.

Kieth

/usr/src/linux/ is the location of the kernel sources.... if they are installed! They are not installed by default. You need to download them and install them. Be sure to match the source for the kernel you are using.

More than likely you will find what you need here.

:D tnx .... ghghghg :angry: ...i installed yesterday mdk 9.2 and then the nvidia drivers .... i spent hours to install the drivers cause i used the kernel-source-2.4.22-21mdk.i586.rpm (which is new and patch the LG cdrom drive problem) and not the original one . A great plause to the Steve Scrempshire's post in which i found the correct link to download the kernel which "match" !!!! .... in the Ixthusdan's post there's only the "updates" and using that kernel u can't install the nvidia drivers .

thnx to the forum and to all u men !!!!

capp3