mdk91 installer missing packages

momaley

So, I gave up on mdk92 cuz I couldn't burn the isos. I burned 9.1 isos just fine, and installed them on my girlfriend's computer last night. It went well (except her cdrom is pretty much unresponsive now, maybe an LG issue??). BUT, today I tried to install 9.1 one my box and the individual package selection is missing all kinds of packages that I know were there last night. No openoffice, no games, etc. Maybe it thinks I only have cd1? How do I tell it where to find the packages (i.e. I have 3 cds)? Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Mike O'

Hi,

During the install did it ask you how many disks you had? If it did, then it should know what's available to install. If it didn't, look in the software manager to see what it does think you have for disks and programs. You can always add sources there.

Next, did you do the default install or the expert? I always do the expert.That way I get to choose what gets installed. Is there enough room on your harddrive to get all that on it? If there isn't then it may have cut out some stuff to make it fit.

Plus, I've noticed that I've never gotten the same install twice with Mandrake no matter what box I put it on. Don't know if anybody else has ever had the same problem though. But I always do.

HTH,

dalee

Some ideas:

-Regarding 9.2 isos. have you checked the md5sums of the iso files? This is very important. I myself had to download the 2nd CD twice to get the correct version.

-In the 9.1 installation, I have experienced the same when installing 9.1 to my cousins computer.

It was an old one with 64MB Ram. The installer gave a warning about low ram and suggested a text based install. (In his case, we went on and ended up with a very basic installation like the one you describe). In the worst case you can add CD2 and 3 as resources in MCC, and manually

install packages from MCC (as my cousin). Another idea is to give an install option Ram=xxxMB or something like that. For this check the help files, I don't know if this would help at all.

Good luck

tarelax